Question

Tick bite Fever
Dear Doctor.
I was bitten by a tick a week ago, and now the bite is red,swollen and sore. The bite is on my ankle, and the lymph nodes on the same side is swollen and very tender. I have been getting headaches and fevers, but they are restricted to the evenings. This has been going on for the past 2 days. I am a homeopathy student, and not very keen on antibiotics. What do you advise, as I can't afford to be booked off on account of having to work.
Thank you
cynita

Cynthia, I think the first thing to do would be to have blood taken first and find out whether you have tick bite fever or not. If it’s negative, you will have to search for another cause. Good luck.