Question

Tick feaver - once again!
Dear Cyberdoc! Yes I have been to the archive questions about tick feavor - just to discover that I was the silly girl "replying" about tick feavor - Anina - ! My apologies. Now I really need your help.
I have just been bitten by about 3 ticks over a period of about 4 weeks. The symtoms are the same as I have explained on 22/1/2002. I was given a second course of "tetralysal" 30 mg caps and the first course did not make any difference. I just had a blood test - negative (once more). I was also told that one becomes immune to tick feaver after the first bite. Why is that I am so terribly ill everytime I have been bitten by a tick? This is now happening year after year in the rainy season, for the last 5 years - and am still not immune. After all these years I am fully aware of the too fimiliar symtoms that appear after a couple of days, after been bitten. This time, after 3 bites, I am even more ill. Is there any dr. here that is a "guru" on this subject that you can possibly refer me to? A reply from you will also be appreciated. Thank you.

Anina, you are supposed to become immune after having it once, but I have also had tick bite fever more than once. For some reason your body doesn’t build up immunity and as far as I know there isn’t much you can do about it. I start taking doxycycline as soon as a headache develops after a tick bite and then it doesn’t get so bad.
If you live in or around Pretoria I can refer you to someone, but otherwise your GP will have to do so. Good luck.
PS. No need to apologise – I really don’t remember anything about it.