Question

tight chest and no voice for second week
Hi there Doc,

I finished two sets of antibiotics and still not feeling any better, instead my chest is so tight especially in the evening, I can''t talk and I am working in a client facing evironment...how can I get rid of this flue, the pleghm feels like a block of wind in my chest and I can''t lie on my back...
Cyberdoc

Hi Anon
You may have bronchospasm (spasm of the small airways), caused by the irritation of the infection and you may need something to open up your chest. These medications can however cause jitteryness and palpitations, so please see your doctor for an examination and prescription of the right dosage. I also wonder if you don't need a x/ray or lungfunction test, as it sounds as if the infection is still not cleared up. Many patients battle with a persistant infection this season.
dr Bets