Question

Time out! How long?
Hi Doc,

I have pain in the elbow especially when I do concentrated curls and tricep extentions, feels like a strain or tennis elbow or something. I wake up at night with it aching but during the day at rest I feel nothing.

What do you think it is?
Must I stop doing weights for a while, if so for how long?
Is there anything I can do to speed up the recovery?

Thank you
physiotherapist

Hi Steve

I am assuming there was no specific trauma that caused it.
First you need to be stretching both triceps and biceps. Try rubbing under you left pec muscle for the reflex, and try low weights.

What you need to do is to take light weights and in front of the mirror check your body position. Often it is how we compensate that causes as much of a problem.

Douglas