Question

Tipped Uterus
Hi doc

I've been experiencing pain during sex, mostly its when the penis hits the cervix. My Gynae checked all possibilities, even did a laporoscopy. His conclusion now is that the pain is caused by my backward uterus. The problem is the pain is excrutiating. So i want to know what else can i use for this except surgery, which is scheduled in 3 months time if the condition doesn't change. He prescribed some painkillers but i can't live on that only. Can you refer me to any Dr who deals specifically with this issue?

Dear Sherry,
Read more on http://www.dyspareunia.org/html/retroverted_uterus.htm
There are other options than operation but it depends on whether your uterus is fixed in the wrong position. In the mean time, try different positions when you have intercourse and see if you can't identify a position that would not be so painful. I am not aware of someone that specifically specializes in this, I think most Gyne's will be able to handle this. You must always feel free to get a second opinion before going for an operation if you are scared.