Ask an expert

05 Dec 2005

Tipped Uterus
Hi doc

I've been experiencing pain during sex, mostly its when the penis hits the cervix. My Gynae checked all possibilities, even did a laporoscopy. His conclusion now is that the pain is caused by my backward uterus. The problem is the pain is excrutiating. So i want to know what else can i use for this except surgery, which is scheduled in 3 months time if the condition doesn't change. He prescribed some painkillers but i can't live on that only. Can you refer me to any Dr who deals specifically with this issue?
Answer 293 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Sherry,
There are other options than operation but it depends on whether your uterus is fixed in the wrong position. In the mean time, try different positions when you have intercourse and see if you can't identify a position that would not be so painful. I am not aware of someone that specifically specializes in this, I think most Gyne's will be able to handle this. You must always feel free to get a second opinion before going for an operation if you are scared.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9260 votes
66% - 17836 votes