Question

TIRED
I WOULD JUST LIKE TO KNOW, IAM ALWAYS TIRED AND I YARN ALMOST ALDAY!
SOMETIMES I HAVE DIFFICULTY FALLING ASLEEP AND THEN I CANT GET MYSELF TO
GET UP IN THE MORNING AND AT TIMES I FALL ASLEEP STRAIGHT AFTER GETTING INTO
BED AND WHEN I AWAKE I FEEL AS IF I CAN SLEEP FOR ANOTHER YEAR!
IAM ALSO FINDING IT EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO LOOSE WEIGHT.
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF MY DIET COULD HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS, AS I HAVE
A VERY DEMANDING JOB I BEARLY HAVE TIME FOR LUNCH. I AM AT WORK BY 7:00AM AND ONLY
HAVE DINNER AT ABOUT 20:00PM I WILL HAVE BREAKFAST (IF THERE
IS TIME) AND I MIGHT HAVE AN APPLE OR PROVITA DURING THE COURSE OF THE DAY, OR NIBBLE ON SOME SWEETS, I TRY TO DRINK AT LEAST A LITRE OF WATER A DAY. I HAVE A TENDENCY TO OVEREAT AT SUPPER MAKING ME FEEL BLOATED AND UNCOMFORTABLE.
COULD YOU RECOMMEND ANY LUNCH IDEAS THAT ARE FAST LIGHT AND ON THE GO, BECAUSE OF
MY JOB IAM ALWAYS RUNNING AROUND AND THEREFOR CANNOT SIT DOWN AND HAVE LUNCH.

Dear Reader
There are many things that could be making you feel so tired - lack of sleep, depression, iron-deficiency anaemia, hypothyroidism, hypoglycaemia, pure exhaustion, stress, deficiencies, and poor eating habits. I would suggest that you should have a medical checkup to eliminate any physical and/or psychological problems. I trust that you are eating a balanced breakfast: fruit or fruit juice, high-fibre cereal with low-fat milk/yoghurt, wholewheat toast with cheese, marmite or a poached/boiled egg. If not, make sure that you improve your breakfast intake as this not only helps you to function more effectively, but promotes weight loss by preventing overeating at other meals. For lunch and in between snacks which you can grab on the run, buy fruit juice, fruit, low-fat yoghurt, crisp breads (Provita, rice or maize or wheat cakes), dried fruit, cheese cubes, slices of cold meat, carrot and celery sticks, baby tomatoes - in fact any low-fat, high-fibre food that you can take to work and eat while working. If you make sure that you have eaten lunch and a mid-morning and -afternoon snack then you won't get so hungry that you overeat a supper. I would also like to suggest that you take a complete vitamin and mineral supplement for 2-3 months (Centrum or Supradyn Forte) to boost your body a bit. If you can fit some exercise into your busy schedule this will also help to prevent exhaustion and promote weight loss - try going for walks before supper and over the weekends.
Take care