Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
28 Nov 2005
Hi I am 50 and active. I travel and work but have done this all my life. Lately it does not matter how much sleep I get I am so tired that I cannot function properly. I drive to work yawning and feeling tired and this seems to last longer and longer. In the early afternoons I feel a bit better just to be tired again later. The mornings seem to be the worst. What should I do? I take some vitamins and have rather healthy eating habits. My periods seem to be a bit irregular lately and much less than it used to be. Could that have something to do with it?
It could be that the tiredness is caused by menopause. HRT may help.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Coronavirus science | Week in review: Vaccine registration, blood sugar dangers, and Covid severity
- Sex steroids could explain why Covid-19 is more severe for men than women
- Covid-19 virus may have mutated, but doesn't appear to increase transmissibility, new science shows
- Masks refresher: They slow spread of the coronavirus, but types of masks, length of use matter
- Enough sleep can help you keep negative thoughts at bay
- KwaSizabantu: Mission has 'blind faith' in leader Stegen, but it's not a cult, panel finds
- There's no fiscal or monetary policy 'space' to be radical – deputy Reserve Bank governor
- Adriaan Basson | Malema's extraordinary attack on SAPS cannot go unpunished
- ANALYSIS | Motion of no confidence in Ramaphosa: Expect little more than a political sideshow
- ANALYSIS | Why two men were acquitted of Coligny teen's murder, and what it says about the legal system
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9260 votes
66% - 17836 votes