Question

02 Apr 2007

Tired after working
Why? Why do I get so tired after exercising that I just want to sleep. I am overweight and trying to lose weight. I walk (intermittently run) for 40 minutes 4x a week.

Hi KZN

IT could be a number of things. The first one to look at (because it's most likely) is that your diet is not providing sufficient energy to keep you going. You need to increase your energy intake when you are doing rigorous training, remember and perhaps you are not eating sufficiently? That would be my primary guess, and I would suggest that you consult with a dietician to tie down this area. It's really vital that you do this, not only for your energy requirements, but also for your goal of losing weight - eating well is absolutely critical to your achieving this.