Question

tired of getting no where
please help me i used to be slim and then i had my daughter when i was 13yrs i then went on to all sorts of tablets etc from the doctor and then my weight started pilling on and i am now 24yrs and just cant loose weight i have been on weighless and everything else i am not a lover of chocolate or sweets i eat alot of salads and fish and cicken i have 2 sandwiches a day i do drink alot of coffee i hate milk i have also found i retain alot of water please can you give me some advise

Dear Cins
Were the tablets your doctor prescribed hormones? If so, this could well be the reason why you have put on weight and also retain water. I would suggest that you discuss these issues with your doctor to see if you can't use a non-hormonal form of contraception and also to check if your hormone levels are normal, e.g. your thyroid function. As you don't list your height in metres and weight in kg, I can't work out if you are overweight or not (many readers state that they cannot lose weight and when one works out their BMI their weight is actually normal). If you click on 'Diet' and 'Tools' and work out your BMI and the answer is above 25, then you are overweight and I can only suggest that you reduce your energy intake by eating less fat (not less carbohydrate) - click on 'Weight loss' and 'Slimming diet' for a copy of a low-fat, high-fibre diet - and increasing your energy output and stimulating your metabolism by doing regular exercise - join a gym, skip, run, jog, cycle, swim, walk, anything to get active.