Question

To build up childrens immunity 4 the winter
I need some adivce how to build up the childrens immunity for the coming winter season. I have 2 kids that really suffer from bad chest and cold infections every winter and some winters have been to hospital and booked off school. We have tried the flue vac and both years they landed up with bronchial pneumonia. Three weeks back at school and the one already has a cold. They have a balanced meal and I have started them on 500mg of Vit C this week and will increase the Vit c to 1000mg at the end of March. The one child suffers from asthma and chest seems to get very phlegmy when the season changes. He is on asthma pumps 2x a day. You can buy so many supplements over the counter that you don"t know what to buy. I need to get something as I don't want them to miss school and be put on loads of antibiotics 3 times or more during this winter season. They are 10 and 13 years old.

Shelly, I doubt that they will need more vitamins, but giving them iron may do the trick. The best would be to take them to the doctor when they’re healthy and have him do a full examination (including blood tests) on them to make sure that they don’t from any disease or allergy. If he gives you the all clear, giving them a multivitamin that contains iron as well should do the trick. Good luck.