Question

to forgive and forget? advice needed
About 2 months ago my long distance relationship of about a year ended just after I visited him.
During my visit he was distant and cold etc, and very rude to me.
However while I was there I read his sms's and found out that he cheated on me with the friend who's house we were staying at.
I left it, but it made it easy to breakup with him, and break off all contact. We haven't spoken since even though we were also best friends for a year, and had contact every day (tel/email/msn/sms).
I believe that in order to move on one needs to forgive, but do I need to let him know that I know what he did, and to tell him that I forgave him?
Or do I just leave it and carry on with my life?
I befriended the guy we were staying with and still have contact with him via email, do I tell him what I know too?

All advice and comments appreciated......
Gay, lesbian and bisexual expert
gay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Viper and thanks for this post.

Good advice from LoneWolf. In terms of letting your friend or your ex know what you're aware of, it may be useful for you to ask yourself what you'll feel comfortable with in 6 months time. Personally I'd be inclined to let the cat out of the bag - it could negate your sense of being deceived.