Question

To Frusty
What is the cheapest way of sending stuff to uk(clothes for a friend). want to surprise my friend with and send her a gift for x-maa. Im in Durban, South Africa.

I too don't trust the SA Post Office --- whenever anyone sends me something nice, like a CD, it almost always gets pinched in the post Office, and they are useless at "investigating" such theft, and seem content to allow their staff to do as they please. I think too that we may be past the last posting dats for a parcel to be likely to reach the UK in time for Christmas. That's leave the only other option a courier company, though they can be pricey, they can guarantee to deliver it to the door in a couple of days.
Sometimes, it can be cheaper and quicker to keep here for their return, what you have here, and buy them something from a UK based internet company, like Amazon.co.uk -- then the delivery would be much cheaper ( as it'd be local ) and quicker.