Question

To Jemma
I read your posting about step-parenting. Please correct me if I've got some of the facts wrong (my afrikaans is not the good):
You 've been a "step mommy"to 2 boys for 6 yrs. You find it difficult to like these boys - is it because they are spoilt? You have no children from a previous marriage. Do you have a child with your current husband?

I find your posting very interesting cos my b/f of 2 yrs has a child of 8 yrs. I believe that she is a nice girl but because both her parents spoilt her and give her everything she wants (she still has not been punished for anything)- she can be very unpleasant and rude. When we are alone - I get on fine with her (maybe cos she knows that she can't play me) but as soon as shes around her father - she is annoying to be around. This has put alot of strain on our relationship. So my question at lasts is - how do you handle it all? Any tips?

....