Question

To Sello
Hi Sello,

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions in such detail. As you know, I am a fan of a healthy democracy and as such view all politicians with mistrust, however, I will always vote for the opposition. The closer the gap between parties, the better things work, as they will fear being voted out and therefore do what they have to to stay in power. In my point of view 2/3 majority is not healthy for the the people in a democracy. So I tend to take the games politicians play to sow dissent with a large pinch of salt.

However this whole thing that is happening now, is of great worry to me. Race seems to be the only thing that is being discussed. My problem at this stage is worry about the future of my children. you see, they were born years after the fall of apartheid, all the violence we see each day they see. Surely it is damaging for children to worry about their safety all the time. Will my child have a job one day. Will s/he have an equal chance at getting a well paying job. Can my children walk safely home, play cricket in the streets, go dancing and walk home?

Sello, tell me honestly, would you rather my family eave here in this country where we are disliked for the colour of our skin and the history of my culture or would you rather we leave the country and not take up jobs in future? And does that go for all whites?