Question

Toddler bad sleeping habits
My daughter of 2 years has problems falling asleep. Last night she cried herself to sleep (after approx 20 minutes). She didn't nap either. I am aware that she is overtired but no effort on my side can get her to sleep. She also has a history of hayfever could that perhaps be a reason? What should I do?

Milyn, if the hayfever is causing a blocked nose and this may keep her awake. The best would be to take her to the doctor and to have him make sure that nothing’s the matter. If he says everything is OK, you can ask him to prescribe her a sedating antihistamine like Vallergan® to get her into her normal sleeping pattern again. Good luck.