Question

Toddler multivitamin
My baby is 16 months old and I would like to give him a multivitamin, just to make sure he is getting all his nutrients. He eats a bit of everything, but I would feel more comfortable knowing that he is getting everything he needs. Can you recommend any good multivits? A friend of mine is using FLORADIX for her toddler - would you recommend?

Dear NWH
If your 16 month old toddler is eating a variety of foods (milk and dairy products, meat, fish, eggs, cereals and bread, fruit and vegetables and small quantities of soft margarine or sunflower, canola or olive oil) then it is really not necessary to give him a multivitamin and mineral supplement. If he is exhibiting symptoms of deficiency like iron deficiency anaemia or suppressed immunity then you can discuss the use of a paediatric multivitamin and mineral supplement with your pharmacist. Excessive intakes of certain vitamins (esp Vit A) can be harmful and 'more is not always better!'