Question

Toe nail pain
I have pain under the nails of both my big toes.
The nails look healthy. There are no ingrown nails.
What could this be?
I also have stiff hands in the morning, with pain in both hands, and sometimes the hands have a burning feeling.
My RF was negative.
Female / in thirties.
I would appreciate your advice.

Hallo Louise
Painful nails can be caused by irritation of the nailbed (like pressure on the nails from shoes, or excessive filing, or fungus infections) It could also be that it is the joint under the nail that is painful. Burning and stiffness of the hands could be a sign of underlying autoimmune diseases or arthritis. RF could be negative in some kinds of arthritis, usually is positive with rheumatoid arthritis ( but up to 20% of RA patients have neg RF) Have you had x/rays of the hands? It may be worth your while to see a rheumatologist for a full evaluation.