Question

Toes extremely sore during winter

During winter my toes and feet never seem tho warm up. I have been told that I have chilblaines as my toes become swollen and sore. What can I do about it? Do I need to go and see a doctor.

Foot expert

You either have chilblains, or you may have another condition called Raynauds phenomenon. Both are conditions affecting the end circulation.
The important points to remember are
1) If you are a smoker you need to become an EX smoker very quickly yesterday should do it
2) keep your feet warm naturally, that means blankets thick, or thermal socks, NOT hot water bottles, electric blankets or heaters
3) If you havnt stopped smoking (if you dont smoke ignore this) read point 1
4) you can use a simple remedy to warm the skin like deep heat or vicks vaporub it will help in the short term it is not a treatment
5) I recommend you see your doctor, podiatrist or even a vascular surgeon