Question

Toilet issues
Hi there,

I have not been going to the loo properly for a couple of months. it seems like small pellets when I go. I thought maybe this is one of the symptoms of IBS, but I have tried taking fibre supplements and IBS treatments and nothing is helping. Just worried, as this cannot be normal. Please help, should I see a gastro and what is causing this?

You are suffering from constipation and I therefore, suggest that you use Laxette suryp, 20ml twice daily, for at least 10 days in combination with Softlax tablets, two to four at night. You should also use Dulcolax suppositries when the need arises to go to the loo. These products are available over the counter at pharmacies. Consume at least two and a half liters of water per day and change your diet to frequent small meals containing a lot of fibre, fresh fruit and vegetables. Exercise will also be beneficial. Try 45 minutes of cardio vascular exercise at least four times a week.

If there is no improvement after 10 days, consult your doctor for an examination.