Question

Tonsilectomy
My Son has just had his Tonsils removed on Thursday 29 July 2010, age 12. I would like to know what his throat is supposed to look like now, as the back of his throat is caoted in a white film. He is still struggling to swallow and is still experiencing pain. Please advise.

Many Thanks
Cyberdoc

Hallo Michelle
This is normal - and the older one is the more painful a tonsillectomy will be! As long as he is not bleeding, have high fever or can't swallow, it should be ok and will improve with time.
See also http://www.pedisurg.com/PtEducENT/Post-tonsillectomy.htm