Ask an expert

18 Mar 2003

Too long on the pill - worried
I have been on the pill (Triphasil) now for close to 16 years. I am 42 and do not want to have anymore children. What better alternative is there for me other than keeping on taking the Pill.
I am concerned about the estrogen level and cancer.
Answer 261 views

01 Jan 0001

Alternatives would be sterilisation, the injectable or the IUCD. There is a good contraceptive section under the A-Z of diseases where you can read more about these options.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9249 votes
66% - 17778 votes