Question

too much?
doc,
pls may i have your thoughts on the following programme that i'm currently doing,is it too much or can i continue like this?
Mon&Wed&Fri am-30min walk&run (alternating) on treadmill
Tue&Thrs&Sat am 45min circuit (thus repeating circuit twice)
Mon pm 45m katabox & 45min pilates
Tue pm 45min Step
Wed pm 45min Cardio challenge aerobics and 45min oga flex
Thrs pm 45m step
Fri pm 45min pilates

HI mb

It is a lot, yes, ecause there are basically 10 training sessions in a week, some of them doubled up, like Wed and Mond afternoon. Many people would not be able to handle that for very long at all - they'd become overtrained, burned out and injured. However, there are some people who can manage, and maybe you're one of them. It's very difficult, if not imposslbe, to answer this one with a "yes" or "no", because so many other factors come into play.

I would ask why you're trainin this much - it's probably not giving you quite the same benefit as you'd think you'd be getting by doubling your training. POint is, your goal determines whether you should continue or not. I personally think that unless you are preparing for something competitive, training twice a day is unlikely to be of a huge benefit to people, with the risk of injury being higher than the possible reward.

REgards