Question

Too much dairy
Hi Dietdoc, I love milk and dairy products, but was wondering when it becomes too much. I sometimes get home after work and eat half a tub of cottage cheese and a yoghurt too! Isn't it too much dairy for one meal? I prefer drinking a glass of milk to cooldrink or coffee after a meal. I am very healthy and try to eat as much fruit and veggies as I can, I also work out 3 times a week.
Thank you!

Dear Louise
It is generally recommended that an adult woman should ingest 4 servings (4 cups) of milk or yoghurt or 2 cups of cottage cheese a day to ensure a calcium intake of 1200 mg/day. Your intake is therefore not excessive, unless you start skipping other foods like lean meat and fish (you need those of their iron, zinc and omega-3 contents). Moderation is always a good idea.