Ask an expert

04 Mar 2003

Too much iron in my liver
Please could you give me details as my husband's iron count is too high in his liver. I don't know if it has a medical term and what can be done about it?
Answer 346 views

01 Jan 0001

Irene, it’s called haemochromatosis and the easiest way to treat it is to donate blood regularly. If you’re interested in more information on haemochromatosis, you can mail me at and I’ll “cut ‘n paste” you something. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.