Question

Too much supplements?
Hi there Doc

I have decided to start running again and am aiming to participate in a 10km race in August. The problem is that my Body Weight in general has starting playing havoc on my knees. So now I have started a strict and healthy eating programme. The problem is I am worried about the amount of supplememnts I am taking:

Usn Diet Fuel in between meals twice a day
Usn Phedra cut 40 mins before main meals
and Usn CLA 1 with every main meal

Am I causing more damage than good?

Dee
Sports Nutrition
Sports nutrition

Hi Dee

Great to hear that you are challenging yourself to do the race and that you are starting to follow healthy eating!

No need to feel concerned – a protein supplement twice a day plus your fat burners and omega 6 are fine. I could not ascertain whether being overweight is the reason for you mentioning that your weight is impacting on your knees which should obviously imply weight loss, but what I suggest is to get yourself a joint product with glucosamine (at least 750 mg per day), often these products also contain other ingredients, and add to that 2000 mg omega 3 oil per day – it will certainly do your knees the world of good.

Good Luck!
Vanessa