Question

Too Slow?

I got engaged last year October and immediately joined Weigh less in anticipation of my wedding day.

In total I had 20.5 kilos to lose, i managed to lose 3.5 by myself prior to weighless and have lost another 9, so in total 12.5.

I just want to know if this is coming off too slowly? We take it easy on weekends (within reason), I also started spinning about 2 months ago 3 times a week.

My body was a total mess prior to this due to all the quick fix diets I had been on.

I just want to know if it is normal for it to come off so slow? 9 kilos in 8 months? You hear all these stories about people losing 20 kilos in 6 months and it makes me wonder if something is wrong with me. I am getting married in 4 months and still have 8 kilos to go and am feeling a bit desperate!

Dear Lilly
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and the fact that you have already lost a total of 12.5 kg in weight - that is already more than 50% of your goal. Now losing 9 kg in 8 months is rather slow, because most people lose about 3-4 kg per month on a programme like Weigh-Less. This could indicate that you have a problem (e.g. thyroid, female hormone or insulin imbalances). It may be a good idea to have a medical checkup and to ask the dr to test your hormone levels to see if you perhaps need to use a low-fat, low-GI diet to help you lose the last 8 kg. Increasing your exercise levels to 30 min a day (skip for 30 min on the days when you don't spin), will also speed up your metabolism and promote weightloss.
Holding thumbs that you can stimulate your metabolism with the exercise to speed up your weightloss.
I wish you a very happy wedding