Ask an expert

23 Jun 2011

too sore to penetrate
Dear Doc

We recently got married and both of us were virgins until our wedding day. We are very attracted to each other, I lubricate very easily but it''s been nearly impossible for him to penetrate fully. Apart from being sore, it literally feels like there is a wall preventing us from going beyond just minor penetration.
I''ve also always battled to insert a tampon for many years.

Someone suggested i try a muscle relaxant before sex. Would you advise this or is the best thing for me to see a gynae?
Answer 372 views

01 Jan 0001

The best thing would be to see a gynae.
Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9328 votes
67% - 18818 votes