Ask an expert

30 Oct 2006

My husband left me 7 months ago . after seeing a psycholigist fo 5 months. I have never been able to find out what happened in these sessions but it came out today that she used a mathod called "trance" to find out his inner feelings. Can you expalin what Trance is ?
Answer 306 views

01 Jan 0001

Sounds like dodgy stuff to me. "trance" is a word used for the condition induced in someone when they get hypnotized. The very concept of "inner feelings " that need hypnosis to reach them is way outdated and dodgy, and not at all the current expert opinion of expert shrinks. If it is some wild variety of hypnosis, then it is truly voodoo and quackery. And if he left you, it doesn't sound as though the treatment was at all constructive or useful
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9320 votes
67% - 18606 votes