Question

Trapped Air
Dear Doc

We have a great love-life, my husband and I but
I have a problem with surtain positions.

In some positions air gets trapped inside of me.
And this is really painful and also very embarrassing
when it eventualy escapes.

Our daughter is seven years old, I gave natural birth. Could this
be a cause? What can I do to prevent this, is there any exercises that
could help?

TX

You mention "some positions" that cause this. Is is possible to avoid those positions, or would that be the end of your sexual repertoire.
Maybe the use of a water-based lubrication, like Astroglide.
All women should do pelvic floor exercises, called Kegels to strengthen and tone the muscles.
If you write to me at sexually@702.co.za and forward me a Postal address, I will send you a copy of the Kegels Exercises. (and any other interested parties that would like to have the info).
Some of the literature refers to is as love bubbles, quite a sweet name. Maybe you need to get your head around the "noises" that our bodies make when we make love. This is a very normal phenomenon that you are describing and you should not be embarressed about it.

Dr Elna McIntosh