Question

Trapped Nerve?
Two weeks ago I was moving a chest with the help of my husband and the next morning my back went. I thought it must be a trapped nerve from lifting the heavy chest. So I took it easy and could not drive for a couple of days and it seemed to ease a bit. But 2 weeks now and I cannot sit for more than 10 minutes otherwise I can't get up, the pain is all in the lower back. But once I am able to get up and move around the pain eases. Do you think it is a trapped nerve and how long will I be in this unbearable position.

Dear Sonny
It may be a slipped disc - I think you should rather go for physiotherapy too - as the pain will cause muscle spasm in the back and make the whole thing worse! Take an anti-inflammatory and muscle relaxant too - ask your GP for prescription.