Question

Travel tests
Hi Travel Doc,

We are in the process of obtaining a Visa 457 to Australia. I have to go for my medical tests while I am still on leave - thus going on Monday, to the Hatmed Clinic.

What should I expect from this medical tests and xrays, etc. As per my previous post I had OHS and an annuplasty ring inserted around my mitralvalve. Should this cause any problems?
Travel expert
Travel expert

Australian visa requirements are quite stringent.

For this specific visa, you will require a chest X-ray and full medical. As long as there is no scarring suggestive of TB on chest x-ray there should be no problem.

Your other health parameters should be normal to be able to get a clean bill of health. It is usually an expensive undertaking so do not be surprised by the bill!!