Ask an expert

06 Jul 2011

Travelling to China
Hi Doc,

I'll be traveling to China and Hong Kong with a 2 year old boy. Are there any vaccines that I need to have administered before our travels?

Also, what are the rules surrounding traveling with medication for him? (Just the usual stuff in the event of a cold or runny tummy)

Answer 318 views
Travel expert
Travel expert

01 Jan 0001

Hi Sindy,

For you Typhoid, Tetanus and Hep A are the standard vaccines, and Azathioprin to treat both diarrhoea and bronchitis is useful to take along.

He should be fully covered with EP1 vaccines. Take Electropak along for any diarrhoea. General antibiotic for respiratory infection would be useful.

No medicine containing Codiene must be taken along, and all medicines must be in their oringinal containers.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.