Question

Travelling to China
Hi Doc,

I'll be traveling to China and Hong Kong with a 2 year old boy. Are there any vaccines that I need to have administered before our travels?

Also, what are the rules surrounding traveling with medication for him? (Just the usual stuff in the event of a cold or runny tummy)

Thanks,
Sindy
Travel expert
Travel expert

Hi Sindy,

For you Typhoid, Tetanus and Hep A are the standard vaccines, and Azathioprin to treat both diarrhoea and bronchitis is useful to take along.

He should be fully covered with EP1 vaccines. Take Electropak along for any diarrhoea. General antibiotic for respiratory infection would be useful.

No medicine containing Codiene must be taken along, and all medicines must be in their oringinal containers.

Regards,
Pete