Question

Treadmil
Hi doc

Ek het begin oefen op my treadmill.
Stap tans 5 dae `n week vir 40 min.
Spoed 4.6
Afstand wat ek in 40 min behaal is 3 km.

As ek my spoed opstoot na 5km/ph kan ek nie die pas volhou vir
40 min nie. Moet ek langer stap of eerder korter maar vinniger.

Ek verstaan dat jou metaboliese hartlklop ? moet reg wees om optimaal gewigsverlies aan te help, maar ek redelik onseker hoe om dit te bereken.

Is my spoed vinnig genoeg om oor `n termyn gewigsverlies aan te help. Ek is ook op `n gesonde kiloj. beheerde dieet.

Groete
Marna

Hi Marna

I think the best way to get your fitness up will be to alternate speeds. So a the moment, you're at 4.6 for 40 minutes, but you can't do 5 for 40 minutes. So maybe what you need to try is 5 minutes at 4.6, 5 minutes at 5, and then back down to 4.6 for 5, and up to 5 for 5, and so on. So you alternate, making up a total of 40 minutes that way. It'll challenge you, so you'll get fitter and over time you will become fitter and therefore able to do 10 minutes at 5, 5 min at 4.6 and so on, until eventually you'll get to 40 minutes at 5. Then you go again, and keep buidling, challenging yourself to be faster.

I don't think you should worry about heart rate or any of those details - keep doing 40 minutes at a pace that is hard, challenging, but doable and you'll get fitter. And if you get fitter, then weight loss will happen.

Ross