Question

Treadmill or Health walker

I want to purchase a treadmill or health walker, but can not decide which is the better buy.

The entire family needs to get fit and rid of a few kg's. I guess we need something that can measure the puls rate, speed and incline, orther than that I do not know.

Your assistance will be appreciated

Hi there

Simple answer, whichever you would do more of, and that means enjoyment. Both do what you are asking for - the pulse, the speed and the incline are pretty standard features on most indoor equipment, but the key is that you enjoy it enough to do it. And in my experience, indoor exercise can often be troublesome because it does get routine. And that is never good for long term success. So my advice is by all means get the equipment. But don't shut out the possibility of getting outside exercise as well, because you could perhaps join a walking or running club, and then all go for walks outside. That is something I would certainly consider, in addition to what you buy.

In terms of buying, price is obviously important, but perhaps the most vital is that you look at the aftersales service - the last thing you want is to have it break down and then you can't have it fixed. That would be a waste, so make sure that whatever you get has good, reliable service, and at least a guarantee.