Question

Treat the flu without medication
Hi. I'd like to know what can I do to get rid of the flu without taking any anti-biotics or any sort of medication. (If medication was not an option). Would drinking a lot of orange juice (fluids generally), resting and eating fruit and vegetables help in me getting well again?

Andy, rest and drinking lots of water is probably the best option. A warm comfortable environment and rest at home is indicated for those with fever and/or acute symptoms. Warm chicken soup and all the other traditional remedies do not cure the disease, but they do make one feel better. Aspirin, antihistamines (works only for allergic people), high doses of vitamin C and antibiotics (only work for bacterial infections, not viruses) are not recommended. Nasal decongestants may be of value. Steam inhalations mobilize secretions and help relieve chest tightness. The same goes for a mucolytic expectorant cough mixture like Bisolvon Linctus DA® or Adco-linctopent®. Good luck.