Question

Treatment for Bells Palsy
I had Bells Palsy 18 years ago. It affected the right side of my face. I cannot smile properly without my eyes shrinking. Also I have no forehead lines. Is there any treatment now that I can use to correct this? I am 33 years old. I have read about some new drugs and also surgery that is now being used.

Tim, as far as I know there is nothing available that can reverse the nerve damage that was done 18 years ago. Sometimes tissues can be transplanted, but it seldom a practical thing to do in the face. The best would be to see a good neurologist and ask his opinion. Good luck.