Ask an expert

18 Dec 2002

Treatment for Bells Palsy
I had Bells Palsy 18 years ago. It affected the right side of my face. I cannot smile properly without my eyes shrinking. Also I have no forehead lines. Is there any treatment now that I can use to correct this? I am 33 years old. I have read about some new drugs and also surgery that is now being used.
Answer 311 views

01 Jan 0001

Tim, as far as I know there is nothing available that can reverse the nerve damage that was done 18 years ago. Sometimes tissues can be transplanted, but it seldom a practical thing to do in the face. The best would be to see a good neurologist and ask his opinion. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.