Question

Treatment of warts
Doc, i was born with warts on my right thumb. The size is approx 2cm by 1cm over the top part of the thumb (at the joint). I have had this for over 30 years and has never really bothered me as it really is not that obvious. It troubles me though. My chemist gave me Duofilm which I applied for a couple of days. The warts became soft and white. I proceeded to remove them, exposing the raw flesh below. It is now at a stage where the skin below has hardened considerably and is proceeding to crack with the movement of the thumb. I would like to know if this is normal, will it last, or do I need to go to a dr to have it removed, maybe surgically? thanks

Me, it’s difficult to say without examining you first, but it sounds like it’s coming back again. If it is the case the best would be to have it removed surgically. Good luck.