Question

Trying Hard
Hi I'm needing some advice please.
I've been doing body for life and am into my 3rd week already. I've been following the diet and my exercise plan religiously.
I haven't lost any weight as yet, but gone up a kg! Is this normal?
I also haven't been able to see any results. Does this mean it's not working for me?
I'm very concerned that I'll put on weight with the eating plan as I used to be a very light eater and would eat a meat about once every 2mths. Now I'm eating 6 meals a day and protein and carbs at each meal.
Is it a bad thing if my meals are a little smaller than the suggested amounts of the size of your fist?
Please advise if I'm wasting my time and should change to a routine and diet that would work for me? Or should I stick with it?
Much appreciated.

Dear Body for Life Doubts
If this specific diet regimen does not work for you (and after 3 weeks one would expect that you should have lost at least 1 kg), then you may have to change it to something like a low-fat, low-GI diet instead. There is a possibility that the exercise you do is increasing your muscle mass (muscle tissue weighs more than fat tissue) and that this is why you have not lost any weight, but have actually gained 1 kg in 3 weeks. Give this regimen another month to see if you still don't lose weight and if so, then do see a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), who will work out an individual diet prescription for you.