Question

trying to concieve
I have been having unprotected intercourse for over a year with my boyfriend now and at first I was always worried incase i became pregnant, but I always took a test after having intercourse to check and be sure and it would be negative even though he ejaculated. After a while, I began to think why it wasn''t leading to me being pregnant? I have been with my boyfriend for 1 and a half years and I am nearly 17. I know its not " the age"  to become pregnant but I was wondering whether there could be something wrong with me or my partner because we have been trying properly for 10 months now. I have bought ovulation tests and calenders etc. Nothing seems to be working and I am too scared to go to the doctors because of my age. Please help.

Dear Daisy

I hope that I am not sounding to be either prescriptive or judgmental but I think trying to fall pregnant when you not even 17 years old then you should seriously really think if you want to conceive or not. Having a child is a serious responsibility and it may also affect your outcome of whatever your future plans in terms of your occupation maybe. Be that it may the only way to find out why one is not conceiving is to do testing of both your boyfriend and yourself and this would involve seeing a doctor so that they can then proceed with all the necessary tests.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo