Question

Trying to get pregnent
Dear Doc

I am 28 years old, My weight is 115, and height is 1,5. I've been married for more than 5 years. I am desperate to get pregnant, recently I have started to exercise 4 times a week and I am eating healthy. Now my question is will my chances of getting pregnant increase if I loose weight, the hubby is fine, but I've got PCOS.

Secondly can you recommend a best fertility specialist in Pretoria, I am struggling to get one, the once that I get they only say I should loose weight, I hear people on this forum saying that they get things like glucophage etc. I need a specialist who could do that for me, as I was also diagnose with PCOS, this doesn’t mean that I will stop trying to loose the weight.

Thanx
fertility expert

Dear Reggy

Your attempt at losing weight is commendable and is definitely of value in trying to conceive, more especially since you have been diagnosed with PCOS. However, additional tests may be necessary to establish whether you have accompanying insulin resistance in which case Glucophage may be used with great effect.

You may also benefit from ovulation induction and IVF, but this is best managed by a fertility specialist. I would highly recommend that the fertility centre based at the Genesis fertility centre at Kloof Medi-Clinic - Contact Mr Jannie Lourens at Tel: 012367 4378.