Ask an expert

24 Feb 2003

Trying to loose weight with hormonal problems?
I am a 20 year old student, that lives in a student residents. My whole life I have struggled with my weight-recently after a few tests, it was discovered that I have POS-syndrome. Typical syntoms of this disease is overweight, bad skin and trouble with periods. Do you have any advise which diet I can follow-I do take part in a number of sports, and do not indulge in fatty foods and sweets. At the moment I eat very little bread and red meat..Please help me!!
Answer 365 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Nicci
Please do yourself the favour of consulting a clinical dietitian (phone (012) 998-5650 (mornings)) so that the dietitian can help you work out a diet for this rather complex syndrome. It will really be worth your while esp as you need special guidance because of living in a student res.
Best regards
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9323 votes
67% - 18738 votes