Question

Trying to support him
My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 4 months now. He is going through a tough time, due to problems at work, financial worries etc. I''ve been trying to support him, but the stress has also had an effect on our relationship and we''ve been fighting. I wish that he would turn to me for comfort and support, but instead he is just pushing me away. He says he still loves me and he wants things between us to be back to normal, but he has now told me that he thinks we should just go on a break (put the relationship on hold) because he needs to deal with his issues on his own and in his own time.
I guess if I love him I should give him the time and space he needs. It just hurt because I feel like he''s given up on us and I''m afraid I''ll loose him for good, because this distance between us will only grow bigger the more time we spend apart. I really want to give him what he needs right now, but it''s so hard and I''m hurting so much. How do I deal with this?

He really doesn't sound ready to have a mature relationship right now, does he ? "Love" seems unlikely when he speaks of it. If you lost him for good, stop assuming that this would automatically be a tragedy - it might be good for both of you. This isn't your ( or his ) only chance for a relationship. Why fo you feel the need to cling onto him to desperately ?