Question

trying very hard
I have very high insulin level 13.8 and are not allowed any sugar or charbohydrates. I also have
to get excercise and lose some weight. I am currenly doing cardio (I gym 4times a week) for 30 minutes, is this enough to make me lose weight or do I need to do any additional excercises or should I do cardio for more than 30min. I also swim for 30min twice a week.

Also what is my ideal weight if I'm 23 and 1.6 in lenght and weight is 94.5 at the moment.
what should I weigh??

thanx in advance

Hi Puddel

I take it you are diabetic. It seems that if from an exercise point of view, you are doing quite well. However, obviously your diet is also crucial. I would highly recommend that you visit a dietician for advice about your diet, since weight loss is imperative for your health. Ideally, you shouldn't reaaly weigh more than about 64kg, which means losing more than 30kg. However, this needs to be done sensibly and your diabetes needs to be considered. The health benefits of exercise are enormous and may well help top control your diabetes too.

Good luck.