Question

Trying very hard
Please I'm asking for all the readers help. I'm trying to conceive for almost two months now. Me and my husband making love to each other in the morning and in the evenings, but nothing happened. I can also add that I've never been on the pill or the injection. Please can some of u suggest any sexual positions that works if you trying for a baby??? We are desperate, and almost tired of trying for a baby. PLEASE HELP!!!!!! ( We are married for 3 months now and none of us had children before) I'm 25 years old.

Nothing may be wrong except your expectations. We seem to be living in a time when we expect immediate results about many things. It takes on average about eight months for couples to become pregnant. Clearly, there are women who become pregnant immediately. (Those conceptions are usually for the people who are not trying!)

The chances of a woman becoming pregnant depends on both her and her partner's fertility, as well as what time of the month and how frequently they are having intercourse. You say you have been trying for three months. I wonders what you mean by "trying." Several of the following factors play a role: How old are you and your partner? Do you have regular monthly periods? Have you stopped using all forms of contraception? Have you and your husband been having intercourse during those three months? How frequently? Has he been ejaculating inside of you? Do you douche afterwards?

I suggest that you go to your gynaecologist, obstetrician, or midwife for pre-pregnancy planning and a check-up. S/he will be able to listen to your concerns and assist you in the transition as you become pregnant. If after one year of trying you still are not pregnant, this would be the time to have a more serious talk with your health care provider about your options. Rather than infertility counseling, your next best step may be pre-pregnancy planning with a health care provider.

Additionally, if you have a regular twenty-eight day cycle, the fourteenth day would be mid-cycle. If you have a shorter cycle, mid-cycle for ovulation would be sooner. Try having sex every other day, such as on days 10, 12, 14, and 16, or on the reverse days (9, 11, 13, and 15), and be sure that your partner doesn't masturbate in between the times you have intercourse so that he has a full load of semen.

For more related information and suggestions to help you get pregnant, see Gynae Doc's forum.
Lastly, before you get pregnant and early on in your pregnancy, make sure you are taking 400 micrograms of folic acid every day to help prevent birth defects of the brain and spinal cord (neural tube defects).

It may be just a matter of time, good luck on your road to becoming parents.