Question

Tummy Fat
Hi doc,

I have a small problem, in the first 12 weeks of this year i lost about 26kg on a high protieen dieet en gym program, then i stabelized for about 4 months and started picking up weight again. It seams that this is mussel weight because my persentage fat has stayed the same. My dieet has not changed much but it seams as if I just cant lose my fat around the tummy and breast area. When i walk it does not look that bad but when i sit I look like the prevurbial budda!!! PLEASE HELP!!! Can you sugest a dieet that will help me please!!!! PS: I still gym and enjoy it weight does not bother me as long as it is mussle weight and not fat!!! Thanx for your time!!

Dear Q
To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and combine it with your exercise. The problem areas such as your tummy and breasts will probably not improve unless you do targeted exercise to firm them up. Ask your gym instructor for an exercise schedule that specifically targets these areas. There are also certain products that can help for these problem areas -contact Lilian Terry International at (021) 361-2606 and ask about their Cellulito Aromeopathic Complexes. The final resort is probably surgery to reduce the tummy and breasts.