Question

Two Questions: 1. Sore Testicle 2. Hernia
Dear Doc,

Please will you advise me on the following:

1. For the last two days my right testicle has been sore. It is very tender to being touched. It almost feels like when you get "blue balls" or "lovers balls" but that is not the case with me. Should I have it checked out right away, or wait a few days and see if it goes away. I really don't want to go and see a doctor about this if it is likely to go away quite soon. If it persists, what could it possibly be? Should I just go to a GP or would it have to be checked out by a specialist? What kind of specialist would this be... a urologist?

2. I also have a suspected hernia in the groin area. It is not sore at all, there is just a bulge. I know it should be checked out because it has been there for about 2 years now. Once again, what should I do about this? Wait until it starts giving trouble, or have it seen to now? And would I also have to see a urologist about this, or what kind of specialist doctor?

Thanks for your help.

My apologies. This reply was posted yesterday, but somehow it got lost in cyberspace. Here it is again. CD.

3/26/2003 10:37:00 AM
SubjectTwo Questions: 1. Sore Testicle 2. HerniaQuestionDear Doc,Please will you advise me on the following: 1. For the last two days my right testicle has been sore. It is very tender to being touched. It almost feels like when you get "blue balls" or "lovers balls" but that is not the case with me. Should I have it checked out right away, or wait a few days and see if it goes away. I really don't want to go and see a doctor about this if it is likely to go away quite soon. If it persists, what could it possibly be? Should I just go to a GP or would it have to be checked out by a specialist? What kind of specialist would this be... a urologist?2. I also have a suspected hernia in the groin area. It is not sore at all, there is just a bulge. I know it should be checked out because it has been there for about 2 years now. Once again, what should I do about this? Wait until it starts giving trouble, or have it seen to now? And would I also have to see a urologist about this, or what kind of specialist doctor?Thanks for your help.Posted byRoss

Ross, the sore testicle might be due to the hernia and if the pain increases in intensity, if you start getting nauseous or if you develop a fever, you should have it looked at immediately by your GP. You’re welcome to take an anti-inflammatory and see what happens if the above isn’t applicable to you.
The hernia will have to be repaired by a surgeon as soon as it starts causing you discomfort. Good luck.