Question

tying to conceive
Dear Gynea doc,
My last preriod was 17March and i just got my preriod 30March. I do however have had for the past 2mnths irregular periods? Can one have your period this long inbetween? Am I ovulating or not? Can you fall pregnant and still have a period?
Please help. I have seen my gynea about 6 months ago and she said everything was fine at the time. What other optionsare there for me? I have never been on the pill before!
Many thanks,

If all was well 6 months ago, then the irregular periods are probably not related to a problem with the uterus or cervix. It may be a hormonal disturbance. It is hard to say for sure whether or not you are ovulating. If the problem persists, you should see a doctor to exclude an ovarian cyst. A hormonal disturbance may be sorted out by the Pill.