Question

Ugly
Hi CS
I know I said I will disappear. I wish I really can. I know I’m very shallow. Internal beauty is what matters not external beauty. I don’t look in a mirror. I can’t stand what I might see. Without being horribly disfigured I’ve been told, by several people, that I’m very ugly. I try to hide, but without pretending I’m invisible it is very difficult. I’m too scared to go for plastic surgery. I don’t know how to make it better. I’ve seen a therapist, but I could see she was stunned by what was sitting in front of her. I’ve no idea how to make it better. I can see the revulsion in other people’s eyes.

No reason for you to disappear --- we don't think you are ugly, and wonder why you think that. Why not work, with a shrink, on developing that inner beauty, which should be a very worthwhile endeavour anyway ? Sounds more like you have an aswfully bad self-image, than that you are actually ugly. And I don't believe that your therapist was revolted by the sight of you, you're surely misinterpreting something --- but why not discuss this specific issue with her ?