Question

Ugly size 8 feet very fat toes corns etc.
I am a 35 yr old woman, have had trouble with very big fat feet and toes especially the big toe, the toes size do not change/reduce even when I have the correct weight for my height, a bit overweight right now. The small toes have a divided nail (its not very pronounced) and the outer bit of the nail grows painful in shoes and i have to completely remove it with a razor. I am not wearing closed shoes much now, but used to have terrible corns when i did. When i was still wearing school shoes i would survive each day as it came, it was painful. 2 of my brothers(the other my twin) have a very pronounced double nail on one of their small toes. So i think it is hereditary. Isn't there an operation that can be performed to correct this problem which goes down to the bone. I am a woman who needs to wear beautiful shoes but can't, because my feet are too square and can never be comfortable in most full shoes. I have the kind of ugly feet that should be hidden as much as possible, but have to wear sandals all the time even in the coldest winter.
Foot expert

There are really two issues here
1) the double nail; this is actually a corn closely attached to the nail it has two names either Lister`s corns (named after Queen Victoria`s chiropodist) or onychoclavus (which means nail with a corn) this can be associated with an underlying spur of bone and for this I advise a consult and treatment (probably ongoing) with a Podiatrist who will remove the corns and may elect to x-ray your toe. If there is a bone spur present they will refer you for a surgical opinion
2) Size 8 square shaped feet, all I can offer you is sympathy and the ressurance that as long as your feet get you around , without causing pain look after them care for them cause they are the only ones you got