Question

Ulcer or not...
I have been diagnosed with a peptic ulcer by two different doctors and have researched the symptoms - I have most of them - excruciating pain, nausea, vomitting, etc, etc. The last few times that I have this pain the only thing that has worked in aleviating the pain IMMEDiATELY has been for someone to hit me really hard and repeatedly on the back for a few minutes. It almost feels like a bubble being caught and if I can just get it burst it will be ok... and it works.

My question is this: WHY does this work? It doesn''t sound like this should work for an ulcer... Any info will be greatly appreciated...

Rose

It is possible that you have a gas build-up of gas inside the stomach and when somebody hits you, this releases the gas and alleviate your symptoms. Reconsult your doctor for a gastroscopy and treatment.